TOXICOLOGIST (Irvine, CA)
Alcon, Inc. is the world's leading eye care company with sales of $5.6 billion in 2007. The company’s nearly 15,000 employees worldwide, work in 75 facilities around the world to research, develop, manufacture and sell eye care products in more than 180 countries. Alcon is the largest specialty eye care company in the world and leads the growing $14.5 billion market for eye care products. Alcon has delivered strong and stable growth for over 60 years, and it is positioned to build on this record in the years to come. For ten consecutive years, Fortune magazine has selected Alcon as "One of the 100 Best Companies to Work For". Alcon's U.S. Operations is headquartered at its 300-acre campus located in Fort Worth, Texas. For more information on Alcon, Inc., visit the Company’s web site at
This position is located in Irvine, CA.
This individual will direct Toxicology department activities associated with the Instrumentation product line (medical devices) reporting to the Functional Manager of Surgical Toxicology (R&D) located at Corporate in Fort Worth, TX with a matrix reporting to Irvine Technology Center (ITC) in Irvine, CA.
Key accountabilities include:
• Ensuring all product safety testing plans, registration activities, government submissions, and design control activities are addressed in accordance with R&D requirements and timelines for instrumentation products at the Irvine and Grieshaber facilities.
• Ensuring all product safety testing plans, registration activities, government submissions, and design control activities are addressed for marketed product process changes for instrumentation products in accordance with R&D requirements. This responsibility requires routine interaction with multiple manufacturing facilities.
• Conducting and reporting GLP-regulated toxicity studies; Preparing toxicology sections of regulatory submissions.
• Acting as the liaison between Corporate Toxicology and ITC facility management
• Ensuring overall compliance of assigned projects with appropriate regulations (i.e. GLP, FDA, ISO).
• Provide expert scientific opinion on government regulations and guidelines that affect the instrumentation product line.
• PhD in Toxicology, Pharmocology, or equivalent.
• 7-10 Years of experience.
• Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Team Player.
• Must be available for up to 10 % travel.
Our generous benefits package includes the Alcon 401(k) Plan which matches employee contributions up to 5% of eligible pay at the rate of $1.00 for each dollar contributed, and the Alcon Retirement Plan (ARP), a qualified plan in which Alcon contributes 7% of eligible pay to the accounts of all eligible employees. By combining the Company's contributions to the 401(k) and ARP, employees can receive up to 12% of eligible pay from Alcon towards retirement. Alcon also offers medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, an on-site fitness center and much more. Consider having all this in a fast paced environment within a stable world-class organization.
If interested, contact:
Amy G. Morita - HR Recruiter
15800 Alton Pkwy.
Irvine, CA 92618
949) 753-6766 - Direct 949) 753- 6584 - Fax