2014 Summer Internship Opportunity Announcement
CDC’s National Center for Environmental Health and the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (NCEH/ATSDR) are offering a paid 10-week summer internship program for graduate students. The Graduate Environmental Health program (GEH) is available for graduate students with majors or interests deemed to be in support of environmental health missions at NCEH/ATSDR. During the program, interns will be assigned to projects that utilize the skills they’ve acquired through graduate studies and personal experiences. Interns will also be able to take advantage of lecture series and other opportunities offered at CDC/ATSDR. The number of intern positions is dependent on funds available. Interns will receive a stipend of approximately $780 while participating in this program. Applicants should have a passion for the environment and an eagerness to learn about the environment’s link to human health.
Application deadline: Wednesday, February 26, 2014
· Program notifies applicant of selection: Friday, March 28, 2014
· Selected applicant acceptance deadline: Wednesday, April 2, 2014
· Internship dates: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 – Friday, August 15, 2014
Note: CDC/ATSDR will review applications and make final award selections.
1. US Citizen or Permanent Resident with green card
Currently enrolled full-time as a graduate student in a degree granting program (Applicants must be returning to school following completion of the internship)
3. Interests and/or studies that are applicable to the field of Environmental Health
4. Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0
5. Proof of health insurance
Please visit our website for more information and application instructions: www.cdc.gov/nceh/geh
Questions? Please email Jay Nielsen or LT James Gooch at GEH@cdc.gov